e-Hawaii Realty is a leader in leveraging technology to reduce the cost of buying or selling a home. When you purchase a home through e-Hawaii Realty we will rebate 60% of our net buyer agent commission back to you. For example, you could save up to $8,595 when buying a $500,000 home!
Contact us for more info: sales@eHawaiiRealty.com or (808) 922-8999
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the 60% Buyer Commission Rebate work?
- Do I get the same service as from a traditional brokerage?
- What’s the catch? How do I know I’ll get my rebate?
- Is there a minimum purchase price to qualify for the rebate?
- How much will be my rebate?
- What can I do with my rebate?
- Do I need to sign a buyer agency agreement in order for you to help me find a home?
- Can I combine my e-Hawaii Realty rebate with the Federal home buyer tax credit?
- Do I ever need to pay back the rebate money to e-Hawaii Realty?
- Some new housing developments offer to pay closing costs. Can I combine this with my e-Hawaii Realty rebate?
- Can I get the e-Hawaii Realty rebate if I use a VA loan?
- Can I get the e-Hawaii Realty rebate on a short sale or REO transaction?
How does the 60% Buyer Commission Rebate work?
Let’s use an example to explain how it works. Say you purchased a home for $500,000 through a traditional brokerage on a 6% listing. Your broker would end up keeping 3% of the purchase price or $15,000.
If however you purchased the same $500,000 home through e-Hawaii Realty using our 60% Buyer Commission Rebate, rather than keeping the entire commission e-Hawaii Realty would rebate 60% of our net brokerage commission (net of 4.5% state and county excise taxes) or $8,595 back to you! Your actual rebate will of course vary depending upon the actual purchase price and the actual buyer agent commission but could even be larger on a more expensive property.
Hawaii General Excise Tax is charged on the gross income of the agent commission paid to the State of Hawaii.
Do I get the same service as from a traditional brokerage?
YES! You receive the same professional service to assist you in selecting and purchasing your home that you would receive from a traditional brokerage. e-Hawaii Realty may offer you a great rebate but we do NOT cut corners and are NOT a “discount real estate brokerage”. e-Hawaii Realty believes in fair pricing and are simply passing on the cost savings from our technology and efficient operation back to you.
Our Buyer Total Care Service:
- We review available homes to weed out those that are overpriced or undesirable in some other way.
- We help you determine the difference between a “good buy” and a property which, because of its nature (neighborhood, market appeal, etc.), might have to be discounted if you decide to sell in the future.
- We negotiate the best deal for you. With a Pre-Qualification letter from your lender in hand, your e-Hawaii Realty Agent will be able to demonstrate that you are a qualified and capable borrower. This will strongly influence the Seller, and may make the difference between the Seller accepting your offer or someone else’s — even if your offer is lower!
- We maintain your confidentiality and represent your best interests throughout your buying process.
- We provide you an action plan for locating the right property, at the right price and terms, in an acceptable time frame.
- We help you search to locate the property that will best meet your needs and wants. This may include properties listed with our office, offered through other real estate companies, as well as unlisted properties.
- We refer you to other trusted professionals (attorneys, accountants, inspectors, mortgage lenders, etc.) for information.
- We assist you in evaluating the market value of properties that are of interest to you and suggest negotiating strategies to help you obtain the most advantageous price and terms.
- We disclose material facts known about the property and other relevant information that is likely to affect your ability to obtain the right price and terms.
What’s the catch? How do I know I’ll get my rebate?
There is no catch! Everything is fully disclosed and e-Hawaii Realty gives instructions for the rebate to escrow so the rebate is issued directly by escrow. The real estate rebate will appear on your HUD disclosure statement provided to you by escrow. e-Hawaii Realty never has access to your rebate money.
Is there a minimum purchase price to qualify for the rebate?
There is no minimum purchase price to qualify however to ensure the highest quality service for our clients e-Hawaii Realty’s portion of the buyer agent commission must be at least $2,000 per transaction. If e-Hawaii Realty’s portion of the buyer agent commission is less than $2,000 with a 60% rebate then the rebate amount will be adjusted to ensure the minimum of $2,000.
For example, if you purchased a $150,000 home with a 3% buyer commission then the 60% rebate amount would be $2,578 however since e-Hawaii Realty’s portion would only be $1,800 the rebate amount would be adjusted to $2,378 to increase e-Hawaii Realty’s portion to the minimum of $2,000. Even with the adjustment the rebate percentage in this example would still be almost 55%. As a rough guide if the purchase price is over $170,000 on a property with a 3% buyer commission then you should be receiving the full rebate.
If you have any questions please contact us and we’ll be glad to assist you.
How much will be my rebate?
Your actual rebate will depend on the actual purchase price of your home and the actual buyer agent commission but you can use the chart below to get an estimate of your potential rebate.
|Home Value||Your Rebate|
What can I do with my rebate?
You can use your real estate rebate to help pay your closing costs or buy down your interest rate to save even more money with your lender’s approval.
Do I need to sign a buyer agency agreement in order for you to help me find a home?
NO! Unlike high-cost and discount real estate brokerages that may require you to sign a buyer agency agreement to lock you into working with them, e-Hawaii Realty believes in winning your trust and your business by providing excellent service and unbeatable value. With e-Hawaii Realty you have no risk or no lock-in — if you don’t like the service we provide while searching for your home you are free to leave and continue searching for your home with another real estate brokerage.
Do I ever need to pay back the rebate money to e-Hawaii Realty?
NO! Unlike some other real estate brokerages that may offer “cash advances” at closing that you later need to pay back, the money you receive from your e-Hawaii Realty real estate rebate is yours and never has to be paid back.
Some new housing developments offer to pay closing costs. Can I combine this with my e-Hawaii Realty rebate?
YES! You can combine these funds to give you even more flexibility in buying upgrades for your new home or to do anything you choose. The only caveat is that an e-Hawaii Realty agent MUST be present with you when you first visit the development otherwise you will be considered a direct customer of the developer and e-Hawaii Realty will not be able to assist you with the transaction and provide you a rebate. If you are considering a new housing development definitely contact e-Hawaii Realty first so you don’t lose the opportunity for a rebate!
Can I get the e-Hawaii Realty rebate if I use a VA loan?
YES! You will get the e-Hawaii Realty rebate now matter how you finance your home so using a VA loan is not a problem.
Unfortunately real estate agents are barred from giving a real estate rebate on a short sale or REO transaction since the lender for the existing mortgage on the property is taking a loss and does not permit either the buyer or the seller to receive a benefit from the transaction. The existence of a rebate must be fully disclosed to all parties involved in the transaction. This rule applies to all real estate brokerages and not just e-Hawaii Realty. If you are interested in purchasing a short sale or REO property please contact us to discuss your options.